IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! The Bulldog Manifesto Poll: What Would You Do? - The Bulldog Manifesto

« Home | The Bulldog visits Ground Zero » | Question for the White House: Where o' Where is Y... » | This Week in the Dog House » | God Smites Tobyhanna For Dover's Sins » | Who Said That?!?!?!? » | Is it 1971, or is it Just a Nightmare? » | Keep Your Salary Arnold, We Want Our $300 Million ... » | Time For Action: Join Barbara Boxer's Boycott » | Napalm and White Phosphorus in Fallujah » | Viva Maradona! » 

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Poll: What Would You Do?

Hypothetical Facts:
Suppose you are the leader of a fictitional country known as Nari. Suppose Nari has lots of oil. But unfortunately, for the past seventy (70) years, Nari has been under the thumb of various world powers, each attempting to use their power as a means to syphon Nari's valuable oil reserves. Suppose Nari's democratically elected leader was once murdered in a coup d'etat sponsored by the world's largest superpower, known as, A.S.U.

Suppose Nari is neighbored by a country called Qari. And suppose Qari also has lots of oil. Suppose Qari was recently invaded and occupied by A.S.U., the world's largest superpower. Suppose the occupation was based upon false premises, yet nevertheless, A.S.U. has become the patron of Qari's oil reserves.

Hypothetical Question:
If you were the leader of Nari, knowing what you know about A.S.U.'s recent occupation of neighboring Qari, would you think it was a good idea for Nari to build nuclear plants that could one day produce weapons grade plutonium? After all, knowing what you know about the way A.S.U. and others have oppressed your nation for seventy years, and knowing what you know about A.S.U.'s occupation of Qari, wouldn't it be a good idea for Nari to build a nuclear bomb to deter A.S.U. and other foreign powers from further oppressive measures aimed against Nari?

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

And not just Nari, but North Aerok as well.

Given that I live in A.S.U., and that we are the only nation that should be allowed to pursue our own self interests, I think that the Narians should just suck it up and wait for the next invasion and take over. I hate hearing about oppressed people suddenly deciding they are no longer happy about being oppressed.

Being a super power means that we A.S.U.ians get to call the shots and get everything we want all the time. We don't have to play be other people's rules. We make the rules! and can change them anytime we want!

Don't forget Jordack and Syriac

One thing I would NOT do is let the A.S.U. get even a hint of a whiff of this. It would be suicide.

Yes, I do. I also think that it would be a good idea for A.S.U. to blow Nari off the map before Nari gets the bomb and turns it on Learsi and gives them to Stsirorret to use on A.S.U.

But that's just me.

Why not call things by their name?
There are too many people in the usa happy with the fact that their country simply invades other countries, kill their civilians and bomb every thing to ground zero level, rob their resources and have their own companies rebuilt what they selves destroyed.
Do you realize that nobody in this world wants YOUR democracy?
Your country is not the best the greatest, the nicest. It just steals and kills even its own people without any moral or conscience.
Yankee, stay home!!!

Not only am I building those reactors, but I'm asking Aissur, the KU, and Ecnarf to sell me materiel to build it.

Hey there my friend... Saw your post at Dkos but by the time I caught up with it, it was very loaded up with comments. So I thought I'd drop a line here and say nice diary. I understand the justifiable sadness and anger that Native Americans feel about this nations history, but we should not eat our own. And Cindy needs all the backup she can get. If anything she showed her compassion and willingness to reach out to people who don't agree with her by withdrawing the diary in question. I wish it hadn't come to that.

Thanks bhfrik. I agree with you. I thought Strakraving's diary was far too aggressive against Cindy. It was also somewhat narcissistic. Once again, thanks for posting!

When is blowing up anyone or anyplace a good idea? I myself think never! If you can't accomplish what you want with words; you need to turn the other cheek, and let the chips fall where they may. This world will destroy itself anyway. Its the after life that really matters anyway.

!esruoc fo yhW

Well, being a citizen of both ASU and Dnaleci, I suppose I stand ┬┤sorta on the side of this.... wait no I don't. Your first commentor is the reason I don't! That person is living in the Stone Age! If I were the President of Nari and some country on the other side of the world decided because they felt like it they had the right to make the world rules... I would definitely do whatever it takes to get Nari into the first world. Let's face it... no one country has the right to say how things on EARTH shall go. I hope BOB is around in 5 years when Anihc has the biggest stick on the playground and I would like to see his reply when this sort of question is proposed when THEY, Anihc decide the ASU shouldn't have nukes anymore and decide to single handedly take care of the situation.

Besides, the HYPE that ASU has the biggest stick is a bit overrated... I mean if ASU had such a BIG STICK, then ASU would have REALLY won this FREEDOM CAMPAIGN, that no one seems to want but ma and pa trailer park, and Nari would really be scurred shitless. The fact that they aren't just goes to show... reality is always bigger that Hollyweird. As an American, people like BOB embarrass me!

interesting way of looking at it. food for thought, though as the counterexample is set up, i'd DAMN SURE be making some weapons in nari.

And not just Nari, but North Aerok as well.

Given that I live in A.S.U., and that we are the only nation that should be allowed to pursue our own self interests, I think that the Narians should just suck it up and wait for the next invasion and take over. I hate hearing about oppressed people suddenly deciding they are no longer happy about being oppressed.

Being a super power means that we A.S.U.ians get to call the shots and get everything we want all the time. We don't have to play be other people's rules. We make the rules! and can change them anytime we want!

Don't forget Jordack and Syriac

One thing I would NOT do is let the A.S.U. get even a hint of a whiff of this. It would be suicide.

Yes, I do. I also think that it would be a good idea for A.S.U. to blow Nari off the map before Nari gets the bomb and turns it on Learsi and gives them to Stsirorret to use on A.S.U.

But that's just me.

Why not call things by their name?
There are too many people in the usa happy with the fact that their country simply invades other countries, kill their civilians and bomb every thing to ground zero level, rob their resources and have their own companies rebuilt what they selves destroyed.
Do you realize that nobody in this world wants YOUR democracy?
Your country is not the best the greatest, the nicest. It just steals and kills even its own people without any moral or conscience.
Yankee, stay home!!!

Not only am I building those reactors, but I'm asking Aissur, the KU, and Ecnarf to sell me materiel to build it.

Hey there my friend... Saw your post at Dkos but by the time I caught up with it, it was very loaded up with comments. So I thought I'd drop a line here and say nice diary. I understand the justifiable sadness and anger that Native Americans feel about this nations history, but we should not eat our own. And Cindy needs all the backup she can get. If anything she showed her compassion and willingness to reach out to people who don't agree with her by withdrawing the diary in question. I wish it hadn't come to that.

Thanks bhfrik. I agree with you. I thought Strakraving's diary was far too aggressive against Cindy. It was also somewhat narcissistic. Once again, thanks for posting!

When is blowing up anyone or anyplace a good idea? I myself think never! If you can't accomplish what you want with words; you need to turn the other cheek, and let the chips fall where they may. This world will destroy itself anyway. Its the after life that really matters anyway.

!esruoc fo yhW

Well, being a citizen of both ASU and Dnaleci, I suppose I stand ┬┤sorta on the side of this.... wait no I don't. Your first commentor is the reason I don't! That person is living in the Stone Age! If I were the President of Nari and some country on the other side of the world decided because they felt like it they had the right to make the world rules... I would definitely do whatever it takes to get Nari into the first world. Let's face it... no one country has the right to say how things on EARTH shall go. I hope BOB is around in 5 years when Anihc has the biggest stick on the playground and I would like to see his reply when this sort of question is proposed when THEY, Anihc decide the ASU shouldn't have nukes anymore and decide to single handedly take care of the situation.

Besides, the HYPE that ASU has the biggest stick is a bit overrated... I mean if ASU had such a BIG STICK, then ASU would have REALLY won this FREEDOM CAMPAIGN, that no one seems to want but ma and pa trailer park, and Nari would really be scurred shitless. The fact that they aren't just goes to show... reality is always bigger that Hollyweird. As an American, people like BOB embarrass me!

interesting way of looking at it. food for thought, though as the counterexample is set up, i'd DAMN SURE be making some weapons in nari.

Add a comment

 
All Bark. No Bite.
The Bulldog Manifesto


Headlines from the Impeachment 

Blogosphere
Provided by First Sustainable
Add this box to your site
Add your feed to this box




The Dog House