IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! The Bulldog Manifesto Author of the Flag Burning Amendment Takes Bribes - The Bulldog Manifesto

« Home | Anthrax-- Terrorist Plot Against the Left? » | The Men, Women, and Children of Fallujah » | Liberal for a Day....Alan Greenspan? » | The Big Fix » | Does we truly want to catch Osama Bin Laden? » | You gotta see this! » | Who is General Smedley Butler? » | Whoppers and Gorditas...we won! » | Photo's Your Government Doesn't Want You to See! » | George Bush Consults with Exxon re: Global Warming... » 

Friday, June 24, 2005

Author of the Flag Burning Amendment Takes Bribes

If you haven't heard, Randy "Duke" Cunningham is the Republican Congressman for District 50 (North County of San Diego) in California. He is the same bozo who authored the fascist Flag Burning Amendment. He is the same bozo who used the victims of the Septmeber 11 tragedy to support his bill:
``Ask the men and women who stood on top of the Trade Center,'' said Rep. Randy (Duke) Cunningham, R-Calif. ``Ask them and they will tell you: 'Pass this amendment.'''
The Guardian, June 23, 2005.

Well, it turns out that good ole' Duke has been supporting his pocket book a bit more than he has been supporting the troops. In 2003, Cunningham, sold his house in Del Mar to defense contractor Mitchell Wade for $1.6 million. Nine months later, Wade sold the same house for $900,000, a $700,000 loss! (If you know anything about the real estate market in San Diego county in 2003, you know this is shady.)

During the same time period, Wade saw his firm's defense contracts skyrocket. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, Cunningham just happens to be a member of the House Appropriations Committee, Subcommittee for Defense! What a coincidence, eh? To add insult to injury, Cunningham currently lives on Wade's yacht anchored on the Potomac. The name of the Yacht is...(yeah, it gets better)... The Duke Stir.

Sure smells like bribery, doesn't it?? An investigation has begun.

Well, its time this fat pig be taken out behind the shed. We call on Congress to investigate this highly questionable transaction, and to take action as indicated by such investigation, including Congressional censure. Please sign the PETITION TO REBUKE DUKE!

E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

great blog content. I'll be back to take a longer look and such. I don't have money to donate but I'll come and click on your ads. You keep it up!

I'm at reutersvard.blogspot.com. take care..

The old maxim - give a man enough rope and he'll hang himself, is pretty entertaining.

I guess I'm not familiar with that term -- facist. Can someone tell me what a facist is?

Good Find and great post!

The Dukester- another shining example of political service...not FOR the people, but FOR the corporate donors!

Keep up the rabble and we can get rid of him too!

I read about this in the newspaper last night & for the life of me can't figure out how he profited, though I'm sure he did. Could you please email me @ tripolar@sbcglobal.net & explain it. I live in Calif. & my son used to play soccer in the Rancho Santa Fe area, so I know what the houses aka ranches down there are like. Did he sell it for more than it was worth? Or did the guy resell it for less than it was worth? Thats where I'm confused. Yes, I'm admittedly slow with stuff like this. Thanks for your help & good entry!

great blog content. I'll be back to take a longer look and such. I don't have money to donate but I'll come and click on your ads. You keep it up!

I'm at reutersvard.blogspot.com. take care..

The old maxim - give a man enough rope and he'll hang himself, is pretty entertaining.

I guess I'm not familiar with that term -- facist. Can someone tell me what a facist is?

Good Find and great post!

The Dukester- another shining example of political service...not FOR the people, but FOR the corporate donors!

Keep up the rabble and we can get rid of him too!

I read about this in the newspaper last night & for the life of me can't figure out how he profited, though I'm sure he did. Could you please email me @ tripolar@sbcglobal.net & explain it. I live in Calif. & my son used to play soccer in the Rancho Santa Fe area, so I know what the houses aka ranches down there are like. Did he sell it for more than it was worth? Or did the guy resell it for less than it was worth? Thats where I'm confused. Yes, I'm admittedly slow with stuff like this. Thanks for your help & good entry!

Add a comment

 
All Bark. No Bite.
The Bulldog Manifesto


Headlines from the Impeachment 

Blogosphere
Provided by First Sustainable
Add this box to your site
Add your feed to this box




The Dog House